The Area Chair is the only officer authorized to sign agreements with Service providers on behalf of the Area. Certain exceptions may apply for special services such as accounting and data processing, in which case the appropriate officer will file with the Area Chair any agreements entered into.
Responsibilities of the Area Chair include, but are not limited to:
- Arrange for reasonably priced meeting sites for the Area Assembly and Area Committee. May arrange for luncheons if it is an all day meeting. This officer also publishes the area calendar--available no later than the last Area Assembly of the preceding year.
- Preside at meetings of the Area Assembly, Area Committee, and Area Officers in an orderly fashion.
- Set the agenda for the Area Assembly meetings and ensure that it is published and distributed within five weeks of the Area Assembly meeting so that all members of the area are aware of it.
- Appoint the chairpersons of the Area Standing Committees (and alternates where needed)
- Prepare the Annual Budget and submit it to the Area Committee Meeting prior to the October Assembly
- Review monthly financial statements from the Area Treasurer to ensure that funds are spent prudently and are consistent with the area's purpose.
- Attend district meetings when asked, to provide information and other leadership help.
- Prepare articles for the area newsletter.
Contact the Area Chair
P.O. Box 2812
Minneapolis, MN 55402